Monday, June 18, 2007

Florence Update

WOW! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post!!! Let me catch everyone up on what Ive been doing....

I am in my last week of classes!!!! I cant believe I am saying that! It ended up that I am taking 2 cooking classes! We make a 3 course meal in both of them so needless to say I am never hungry. I am in love with my pairing wine and food class--my teacher is awesome! His name is Marco and he is a blast! We make our 2nd huge meal of the day and drink wine. I dont think it gets any better!!

2 weekends ago we went to Venice/Verona. We got to spend some time at the beach on Lake Garda--which is beautiful! It is this lake surrounded by mountains. The beaches are full of huge rocks that you have to walk across to get to the water. Our hotel overlooked the mountains. It was breathtaking! We all decided to skip the trip to Verona and lay by the pool. I am soo exhausted and it was a nice change of pace. We layed out all day and it was seriously one of my favorite days while in Italy. We all joke that we loved ''Verona'' the best! Sunday we went to Venice and rode a gondola (I just butchered that one!). Our little ''driver'' was wearing the typical striped navy and white shirt. That weekend was amazing!!!

This past weekend we decided spur of the moment to go to Amsterdam. There were 10 of us in a 8 bed hostel so Becca and I shared a twin bunk bed. Amsterdam is an interesting place, for sure. I had fun--we toured the Anne Frank house, Van Gogh museum, and the Heineken brewery, which was really cool! It is a dirty city and it resembles Hell a little too much for me. I am glad we went and I can say that I will never be back there again!

I am leaving Florence on Saturday and going to Barcelona. After that its Innerloken to Paris to London to Atlanta. Sorry this is so short and not detailed! I promise to fill everyone in on the details as soon as I get home! I love yall and miss you greatly! Let me know whats going on back home!!! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey Cuz! Sounds like your having a great time! Don't forget to call Chris King :-) I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!