Monday, May 14, 2007

First day in London

HELLO from London! Just wanted to let everyone know we made it safely. The flight was great and everything went very smoothly! London is very cold and rainy--which is expected however I only packed one pair of jeans and one jacket so I will be repeating outfits a great bit!!! We got into Gatwich airport this morning around 9am and got a train and a taxi to the hostel. They were playing "I'm in love with a stripper" when we walked in so Bec, Gena, and I knew we were staying! HAHA! The hostel is interesting to say the least--its Brumby size with twice the capacity! There are 3 of us in a room and hopefully some randar, bull dyke girl will not be assigned to our room! We went to the London Museum today and saw the Rosetta Stone and pieces from the Pantheon (spelling is shotty). It was cool but we were all really tired and delirious so we went to the hostel to take a nap and almost missed our show for the night. We had to run to the Tube station in the same outfits we were wearing in the ATL airport to catch the show. Seriously--we woke up 20 minutes before the show started!! We saw Les Miserables which was INCREDIBLE! I have never seen such a talented, stacked cast. We then went to a pub for dinner and drinks where we met some Aussies who made fun of our Southern accents. Were taking it easy tonight and going to get up early tomorrow for a full day of touring. I think were going to take the bus tour of London and see all the big sights, including the changing of the guards, which should be fun then head to a nice dinner and out to Zoo Bar (ladies night, apparently). I hated London when I first got here because the accent is very hard to understand and they speak very quickly (Mom--I know how you feel now when we talk!! :) ) but have grown to like it over the past 12 hours. Everyone is getting along great and were off to Dublin on Wed AM. I will be in Rome on Sunday until Tuesday then its Florence until June 23rd. I hope everyone in America is doing well! Mom & Dad--I hear you called Becca's Mom and she felt a lot better after talking to yall! Also, Uncle Dan gave me Chris King's number and I am going to call in the morning along with Neil. Claire--Les Mis was incredible!!! Eponine was the best I have ever heard and Jean ValJean was amazing as well!!! Seriously the most talented cast imaginable.
I love you all and please post back!!

Lauren

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so glad that you are having a great time and look forward to reading the blog.. Where are the pics.. Mom, Ben and Nick said hello, and will blog later. Be safe and have fun Love Dad

Dana G said...

Sounds like you are already having a wonderful time! I hope you will keep posting- the details are great! I hope you have the time of your life. It was great to see you last weekend. Be good, be careful and have fun!

Love,
Dana

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren - It sounds like you are having a great time. Debbie and I have talked a couple of times. How was Wicked? I hope you have a great time in Ireland and see lots of sights. I bet Buckingham Palace was great and the hostel sounds like it worked out great. Keep in touch, be careful and have a great time. I love you and miss you too. Love-Mom,Dad,Ben&Nick

Unknown said...

hey. i miss you in U S and A.

Unknown said...

Rose & I are reading your message; sounds like you ar having a good time; take care and we love you.Aunt Rose & Grandma& Grandpa